Students come for education and life skills, they leave as responsible and productive citizens.
- Create a safe and supportive environment that promotes student learning within a diverse community.
- Adapt teaching strategies to fit individual student needs.
- Create a learning environment that allows for individual thinking driven by individual effort in order to help each student excel and fully participate in their education.
- Aim to develop leaders amongst students and staff.
- Equip students with the necessary skills to function as strong, independent, responsible adults able to overcome any challenges within society.
- Expose students to opportunities in the workforce and higher education.
- Give students the opportunity to become active members of the community through community service.
- Build strong relationships with families of students as a way of improving student learning.
- Strive to recruit, develop and grow a staff that works collaboratively and respectfully with students, families and fellow staff.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
God is the Creator who exists eternally as a Trinity of three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. The Father controls all things according to His purpose and for His glory. Jesus Christ is the fully divine and fully human Son of God who lived a sinless life and offered Himself as the sacrifice for our sins by dying on a cross. He arose from the dead after three days, ascended to Heaven’s glory and will return again to gather all who believe in Him. The Holy Spirit is present in every Christian convicting of sin, convincing of truth and conforming us to Christ’s image. Sin separates people from God and one another. The Bible is God’s Word to us written by human authors, under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit. The Bible is the basis for what we believe and the way we live. Salvation is God’s free gift to us which we receive by trusting in Jesus Christ for forgiveness. We are born again by faith alone, not by any good works that we do. Eternal security is sealed by faith in Jesus Christ who died for all of our sins – past, present and future.
BEST Skills Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.