Marquis Flemings, Executive Director, BEST Skills Academy
For the past 17 years, Marquis Flemings has been involved in education and service to the community. His compassion and expertise and his drive to help students is one of the motivating factors in creating BEST Skills Academy. The pursuit of education and desire to help students succeed in and out of the classroom sets BEST Skills apart.
· Bachelor of Science, Special Education
· Master of Education, Education and Technology and Online Instruction
· Ed. S. Education Specialist in Special Education Curriculum and Instruction
· Therapeutic Crisis Interventionist, Cornell University
· Currently pursuing Doctorate in Special Education Leadership
· Director of Miracle Hills Boys Shelter, 8 years
· Behavioral Interventionist Specialist, Greenville County, 2 years
· Special Education Teacher, 3 years
Marquis’s interests include physical fitness and outdoor activities, mentoring kids, painting and spending time with his wife and son. He is actively involved in his community and with the youth at church, mentoring children ages 12-14.
Robert McKenzie Jr., Director of Interpersonal Skills, BEST Skills Academy
Beginning with his Military Career in 2000, Robert has forged life experience with his deployment to Iraq, pursuit of education and life beyond the military. He has seen first-hand, the necessity of interpersonal skills in youth at a young age and has dedicated his life to the education of children in this area.
· Associates Degree, Respiratory Care Therapy
· Bachelor of Arts, Sociology
Completing Masters in Psychology
· USMC, 2000-2007
· Registered RRT, 2010-current
· Manager, EVS over 2 hospitals
Robert’s interests include physical fitness and outdoor activities, logic puzzles, and spending time with his wife and 2 daughters. He is actively involved in his church, volunteering in several youth ministries mentoring children and adults from ages 12-29.