The BEST Difference
- 180 hours of mentoring is what separates us from every other school.
- We offer daily mentoring classes, maintain a 1 to 10 teacher-to-student ratio, and create personalized learning plans for each student.
- Our proven holistic academic and mentoring curriculum helped middle school students gain two grade levels in reading and math, and high school students achieved a 1-point GPA increase in one year.
- Our surveys show that 83% of our students feel more financially literate, and all of our students and parents report an increase in confidence, problem-solving skills, communication skills, and overall satisfaction with BEST.
Digital Academic Curriculum
- Evidenced Based
- Follows State Standards
- Researched Based
- Emphasis on Critical Thinking and Character Development
- Topics include but are not limited to Financial Responsibility, Credit / Debt, and Investing
- Physical books are read as part of additional curriculum
Personalized Educational Guidance
- Diagnose educational gaps
- Provide personal educational plans to fill gaps
Independent Middle School
BEST offers a personalized and innovative middle school program with individual and group academic instruction, online curriculum, and strong emphasis on interpersonal skills development.
High School Learning Center
BEST high school learning center provides a flexible and comprehensive education with personalized curriculum and onsite instructors to support students’ academic pursuits.
Pandemic Achievement Gap
Pandemic Learning Loss Could Cost U.S. Students $2 Trillion in Lifetime Earnings.
Math and Reading
Math and Reading achievement levels during COVID-19 continue to lag behind historical averages, with larger declines in math.
In grades 6 through 8, it would take an additional 14 to 19 weeks of instruction to recover the losses in reading and math, respectively.
Evidence is showing that students in high-poverty schools, students of color and white students who were scoring below grade level before the pandemic have lost the most ground academically.
BEST has been an answer to prayer for us; we are thrilled with their expectations for our child and how they incorporate life skills into their curriculum. Our child is happy to go to school every day!
My daughter has loved working with the staff at BEST Skills for the last 2 years. The academic support and advice made a big difference and I’m so proud that she has been accepted into all of the top colleges that she applied to!